Senior Manager, Real Estate & Development PR & Communications
Our Senior Manager, Real Estate & Development PR & Communications will promote Nickerson and our clients by developing communications strategies and programs to promote and gain overall brand recognition for our real estate and developer client-partners across our portfolio. This role will require a strong background in commercial real estate development and significant and relevant PR & Communications industry experience to guide and inform our client-partners. We are looking for a well-connected communicator who understands how to engage with a wide variety of audiences through relevant channels including consumer, trade, corporate and social channels. Candidate must be a sophisticated writer and thinker, and a well-connected communicator who understands how to engage with the wide variety of the audiences we serve.
- Lead the strategy and execution of long- and short-term high impact PR and integrated marketing campaigns for commercial real estate and developer clients including media tours, feature story development and pitching, social media programs, press releases, award programs, persona messaging, executive speaker placement, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters, editors, and analysts
- Serve as main point of contact for all external media inquiries
- Serve as a main point of contact for Nickerson’s client-partners
- Manage coordinators, senior coordinators, and managers
- Manage projects to ensure all action items/deliverables are met
- Lead client-partner meetings
- Support the management of client expectations, ensuring projects remain within scope
- React quickly to and assist in the management of crisis situations
- Collaborate across creative services, events, and social media departments to develop and execute integrated communications programs
- Review team’s work to ensure accuracy, quality
- Adhere to agency systems, processes and best practices, serving as example for Nickerson team
- Hold Lunch & Learn sessions to train team on best practices, new tools, etc.
- Prepare and deliver PR performance metrics to Leadership Team
- Hold at least one (1) leadership role in an industry organization
- Identify business development opportunities within current client-partner relationships
- Attend multiple networking events monthly
- Foster a sense of culture across the team and agency
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated exemplary writing and critical-thinking abilities
- A proven record of placing clients in top tier publications (tech, energy, real estate, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage external communications, public affairs, and media relations campaign development
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate, AEC, and development spaces, ideally with 3+ years of experience within the industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead client-partner accounts
- A willingness to represent the agency at networking events, through professional memberships
- The ability to adapt and add value within a highly innovative agency
- Competence in Microsoft computer programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Teams and OneDrive experience a plus
- Previous experience with project management software (e.g. Asana, Monday, etc.)
- Experience managing a CRM (ideally Salesforce)
Location and Travel
Team member will work fully remotely with some anticipated travel to client-partners, industry events, etc.
Candidates must be based in Greater Boston, MA or New York City
Benefits and Culture:
- Remote Work – Nickerson is a fully-remote team. We offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive professional environment. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply – we value each team member’s unique perspective and know they make our team stronger.
- Healthcare – Our comprehensive healthcare package includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- Life Insurance – Nickerson offers life insurance in addition to long- and short-term disability insurance.
- Unlimited PTO – Nickerson offers unlimited paid time off, in addition to 10 federal holidays. Team members also get their birthdays off! Woo hoo!
- Equitable Compensation – Nickerson is committed to an equitable compensation philosophy. By leveraging industry benchmarks and combining objective and performance-based criteria, we ensure fair and transparent salary decisions.
- Business Development Bonus – Nickerson encourages all team members to share our greatness with the world! We offer business development bonuses to team members who introduce us to new client-partners.
- 401(K) – Nickerson offers a 401(K) plan with 5% company match to help you save for retirement. We also offer a financial advisor who can help you with your investment options.
- Coaching – We want you to be the best version of yourself and offer training and coaching to help you recognize your strengths and build upon them.
- Involvement – We encourage all team members to participate at a leadership level in industry organizations.
- Reimbursement – Nickerson reimburses team-members $250 dollars each quarter for internet and utility expenses.
- Philanthropy – Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. If a team member holds a leadership role with a charity, Nickerson will contribute $500 annually in recognition of their efforts.
- Cheers! – Each week, we hold our “Cheers” meeting to celebrate team members’ accomplishments and recognize each other for outstanding work.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values:
Our Mission: We elevate the experiential journey
Our Vision: We serve as a trusted, global partner for elite, forward thinking brands
- Team First – We are a group of individuals who both depend on each other and hold one another accountable. We emphasize collaboration and team work to achieve excellence together.
- Creative Thinkers – We are solution-based individuals, resourceful and knowledgeable of our respective fields. Our creative thinking generates smart, quality, results for our client-partners.
- Positive Energy & Passion – We take pride in our passion for our work and our personal lives, ensuring a vital balance to sustain our positive energy and innovative ideas.
- Individuality & Diversity – We embrace each member’s individuality and perspectives, celebrating their uniqueness. We believe our diverse experiences elevate our creativity and produce the best results.
Nickerson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.