Nickerson is a full-service branding, marketing, public relations, and communications agency. With collective expertise in real estate, hospitality, technology, lifestyle, non-profit organizations, and architecture, engineering, and construction, the Nickerson team elevates the experiential journey and serves as a trusted, global partner to elite, forward-thinking brands.
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our growing Branding, Design & Web team. He/She/They will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development of WordPress websites and third-party API integrations.
Must submit a portfolio with links to live websites for consideration.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain scalable WordPress websites
- Integrate WordPress websites with third-party APIs
- Maintain a strong understanding of website building platforms: WordPress (required), WooCommerce (as a plus), and Squarespace (as a plus)
- Collaborate with CS team members during all phases of website develop to ensure concepts can be implemented
- Have a deep understanding for responsive design across desktop, tablet, and mobile views
- Understanding of SEO best practices and how to leverage them to enhance website performance
- Have a finger on the pulse of web design trends, platform updates and other software related to WordPress
- Ability to troubleshoot occasional website issues
- Implement development quickly, independently, or collaboratively
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Skilled in developing WordPress websites that are semantic, scalable, and maintainable
- 2+ years proven work experience as a developer
- Knowledge of the BEM naming convention
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistency across platforms and browsers
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts, and solutions to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Experience integrating WordPress with third-party APIs
- Yardi, RealPage, Enquire, Salesforce, and HubSpot integrations experience is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting browser errors and optimizing WordPress websites for performance
- Proficient in converting a Figma website designs into maintainable WordPress websites
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to manage client relationships via CRM
- Experience with Harvest or equivalent time tracking software
- Experience with Asana or equivalent project management tracking software
- Experience engaging with or presenting to clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Experience managing vendors and orders on behalf of clients
- Knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is a plus
- Email marketing, Mailchimp/Constant Contact or Pardot experience is a plus
- Member of a marketing/design industry-related club or organization is a plus
- 2 years+ experience in marketing/design creation, preferably in the real estate, lifestyle, restaurant, and hospitality sectors
- High level of attention to detail
- Must be organized in a digital workspace and comfortable working remotely
Benefits and Culture:
- Remote Work – Nickerson is a fully-remote team. We offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive professional environment. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply – we value each team member’s unique perspective and know they make our team stronger.
- Healthcare – Our comprehensive healthcare package includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- Life Insurance – Nickerson offers life insurance in addition to long- and short-term disability insurance.
- Unlimited PTO – Nickerson offers unlimited paid time off, in addition to 10 federal holidays. Team members also get their birthdays off! Woo hoo!
- Equitable Compensation – Nickerson is committed to an equitable compensation philosophy. By leveraging industry benchmarks and combining objective and performance-based criteria, we ensure fair and transparent salary decisions.
- Business Development Bonus – Nickerson encourages all team members to share our greatness with the world! We offer business development bonuses to team members who introduce us to new client-partners.
- 401(K) – Nickerson offers a 401(K) plan with 5% company match to help you save for retirement. We also offer a financial advisor who can help you with your investment options.
- Coaching – We want you to be the best version of yourself and offer training and coaching to help you recognize your strengths and build upon them.
- Involvement – We encourage all team members to participate at a leadership level in industry organizations.
- Reimbursement – Nickerson reimburses team-members $250 dollars each quarter for internet and utility expenses.
- Philanthropy – Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. If a team member holds a leadership role with a charity, Nickerson will contribute $500 annually in recognition of their efforts.
- Cheers! – Each week, we hold our “Cheers” meeting to celebrate team members’ accomplishments and recognize each other for outstanding work.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values:
Our Mission: We elevate the experiential journey
Our Vision: We serve as a trusted, global partner for elite, forward thinking brands
- Team First – We are a group of individuals who both depend on each other and hold one another accountable. We emphasize collaboration and team work to achieve excellence together.
- Creative Thinkers – We are solution-based individuals, resourceful and knowledgeable of our respective fields. Our creative thinking generates smart, quality, results for our client-partners.
- Positive Energy & Passion – We take pride in our passion for our work and our personal lives, ensuring a vital balance to sustain our positive energy and innovative ideas.
- Individuality & Diversity – We embrace each member’s individuality and perspectives, celebrating their uniqueness. We believe our diverse experiences elevate our creativity and produce the best results.
Nickerson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.