Our Director, Marketing will be responsible for overseeing the conception, development, and implementation of marketing plans and strategies for the agency and our client-partners. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of integrated marketing initiatives, guiding the efforts of Nickerson’s team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Nickerson clients, ensuring alignment with their objectives and delivering measurable marketing results and reports
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to drive awareness for Nickerson and our client-partners
- Foster a collaborative environment, working closely with different divisions within Nickerson to deliver cohesive and integrated marketing solutions
- Collaborate closely with sales and business development team(s) to establish marketing strategies that drive upon business objectives
- Analyze and/or establish marketing budgets and strategies for Nickerson and our client-partners
- Oversee client-partner account strategy – serve as main strategic contact for client-partners
- Serve as a member of Nickerson’s senior leadership team (SLT)
- Oversee direct reports, including holding weekly 1:1 meetings
- Ensure team is adhering to best practices, provide guidance to the team and senior leadership on opportunities for enhancements of systems, procedures, best practices
- Oversee marketing budgets and scopes, holding Nickerson’s team accountable for execution
- Execute media plans and collaborate with media buying teams, focusing on delivering a measurable return on investment for Nickerson client-partners
- Execute email marketing and direct mail campaigns, focusing on list acquisition, segmentation, and content creation for measurable conversions
- Support management of Nickerson new business pipeline, including identification of growth opportunities within current client-partners
- Hold leadership roles within industry organization(s)
- Attend networking events monthly
- Foster a sense of excellence and team culture across the agency
- Candidate must be a strong writer, thinker, and a well-connected communicator who understands how to engage with Nickerson’s client-partners and internal team
- Maintain a strong attention to detail
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and marketing strategy, leading successful, high-impact campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- MBA a plus but not a requirement
- Advanced writing, verbal communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Self-starter and team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Competence in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Teams and OneDrive a plus
- Previous experience with project management software (e.g. Asana, Monday, etc.)
- Experience utilizing a CRM (ideally Salesforce)
Location and Travel:
- Applicants must currently reside and have an established track record in Boston or New York City for consideration. We are not considering applicants in other locations at this time.
- While the job is remote, you will be expected to attend meetings and events in Boston or New York City. Travel to industry events and conferences several times a year will be required.
Benefits and Culture:
- Remote Work – Nickerson is a fully-remote team. We offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive professional environment. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply – we value each team member’s unique perspective and know they make our team stronger.
- Healthcare – Our comprehensive healthcare package includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- Life Insurance – Nickerson offers life insurance in addition to long- and short-term disability insurance.
- Unlimited PTO – Nickerson offers unlimited paid time off, in addition to 10 federal holidays. Team members also get their birthdays off! Woo hoo!
- Equitable Compensation – Nickerson is committed to an equitable compensation philosophy. By leveraging industry benchmarks and combining objective and performance-based criteria, we ensure fair and transparent salary decisions.
- Business Development Bonus – Nickerson encourages all team members to share our greatness with the world! We offer business development bonuses to team members who introduce us to new client-partners.
- 401(K) – Nickerson offers a 401(K) plan with 5% company match to help you save for retirement. We also offer a financial advisor who can help you with your investment options.
- Coaching – We want you to be the best version of yourself and offer training and coaching to help you recognize your strengths and build upon them.
- Involvement – We encourage all team members to participate at a leadership level in industry organizations.
- Reimbursement – Nickerson reimburses team-members $250 dollars each quarter for internet and utility expenses.
- Philanthropy – Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. If a team member holds a leadership role with a charity, Nickerson will contribute $500 annually in recognition of their efforts.
- Cheers! – Each week, we hold our “Cheers” meeting to celebrate team members’ accomplishments and recognize each other for outstanding work.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values:
Our Mission: We elevate the experiential journey
Our Vision: We serve as a trusted, global partner for elite, forward thinking brands
- Team First – We are a group of individuals who both depend on each other and hold one another accountable. We emphasize collaboration and team work to achieve excellence together.
- Creative Thinkers – We are solution-based individuals, resourceful and knowledgeable of our respective fields. Our creative thinking generates smart, quality, results for our client-partners.
- Positive Energy & Passion – We take pride in our passion for our work and our personal lives, ensuring a vital balance to sustain our positive energy and innovative ideas.
- Individuality & Diversity – We embrace each member’s individuality and perspectives, celebrating their uniqueness. We believe our diverse experiences elevate our creativity and produce the best results.
Nickerson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.