Writer, Content & Copy
Our Writer, Content & Copy will be responsible for developing marketing and content strategies and plans for a wide variety of channels and formats to support Nickerson and our client-partners with a focus on creating thoughtful, compelling, and error-free copy, this role will directly execute various integrated marketing campaign strategies.
- Candidate must be a strong writer, thinker, and a well-connected communicator who understands how to engage with Nickerson’s client-partners and internal team
- Manage strategic copywriting and content development for client-partners and Nickerson
- Assist with managing strategy and execution of long and short-term high-impact communications and integrated marketing campaigns
- Support the development of long- and short-form, traditional and digital content, including but not limited to advertisements, event collateral, SEO-optimized website content and blog articles, social posts, award submissions, corporate communications, and crisis communications
- Plan, direct, and coordinate copywriting efforts, overseeing the Nickerson team’s execution
- Collaborate closely with marketing, creative services, PR & communications, web and social media teams to establish and execute integrated marketing efforts
- Participate in calls with client-partners
- Work efficiently to ensure projects remain within scope
- Support the strategic development of Nickerson’s positioning within the marketplace
- Prepare and deliver performance metrics to account leads
- Manage coordinators and senior coordinators
- Oversee direct reports, including holding weekly 1:1 meetings
- Ensure team is adhering to best practices and provide guidance to team and senior leadership team on opportunities for enhancements of systems, procedures, and best practices
- Support management of Nickerson’s new business pipeline, including identification of growth opportunities within current client-partners
- Hold leadership roles within industry organization(s)
- Attend networking events monthly, representing Nickerson at various events
- Foster a sense of culture across the team and agency
- Maintain a strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in SEO content development
- 3+ years experience in copywriting, content development, and managing internal and external communications programs
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or similar field preferred
- Advanced writing, verbal communications, presentation, and project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Self-starter and team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Competence in Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Teams and OneDrive experience a plus
- Previous experience with project management software (e.g. Asana, Monday, etc.) a plus
- Experience utilizing a CRM (ideally Salesforce) a plus
Location and Travel:
Team member will work fully remotely with some anticipated travel to client-partners, industry events, etc.
Benefits and Culture:
- Remote Work – Nickerson is a fully-remote team. We offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive professional environment. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply – we value each team member’s unique perspective and know they make our team stronger.
- Healthcare – Our comprehensive healthcare package includes medical, dental, and vision care.
- Life Insurance – Nickerson offers life insurance in addition to long- and short-term disability insurance.
- Unlimited PTO – Nickerson offers unlimited paid time off, in addition to 10 federal holidays. Team members also get their birthdays off! Woo hoo!
- Equitable Compensation – Nickerson is committed to an equitable compensation philosophy. By leveraging industry benchmarks and combining objective and performance-based criteria, we ensure fair and transparent salary decisions.
- Business Development Bonus – Nickerson encourages all team members to share our greatness with the world! We offer business development bonuses to team members who introduce us to new client-partners.
- 401(K) – Nickerson offers a 401(K) plan with 5% company match to help you save for retirement. We also offer a financial advisor who can help you with your investment options.
- Coaching – We want you to be the best version of yourself and offer training and coaching to help you recognize your strengths and build upon them.
- Involvement – We encourage all team members to participate at a leadership level in industry organizations.
- Reimbursement – Nickerson reimburses team-members $250 dollars each quarter for internet and utility expenses.
- Philanthropy – Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. If a team member holds a leadership role with a charity, Nickerson will contribute $500 annually in recognition of their efforts.
- Cheers! – Each week, we hold our “Cheers” meeting to celebrate team members’ accomplishments and recognize each other for outstanding work.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values:
Our Mission: We elevate the experiential journey
Our Vision: We serve as a trusted, global partner for elite, forward thinking brands
- Team First – We are a group of individuals who both depend on each other and hold one another accountable. We emphasize collaboration and team work to achieve excellence together.
- Creative Thinkers – We are solution-based individuals, resourceful and knowledgeable of our respective fields. Our creative thinking generates smart, quality, results for our client-partners.
- Positive Energy & Passion – We take pride in our passion for our work and our personal lives, ensuring a vital balance to sustain our positive energy and innovative ideas.
- Individuality & Diversity – We embrace each member’s individuality and perspectives, celebrating their uniqueness. We believe our diverse experiences elevate our creativity and produce the best results.
Nickerson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.